Summer just wouldn’t be the same without a refreshing glass of lemonade – the ultimate treat to staying cool when there is no shade to be had. Costing only pennies a glass and made from freshly squeezed lemons, this Vitamin C-infused delight is also great for your health. Explore these new takes on the classic lemonade recipe.
Since everybody is showcasing their recipes online and on social media, why not apply these tips on taking good photos with your iPhone? Of course, you don’t need an iPhone to take stellar pictures to post on the ‘gram. However, if you need a phone upgrade, shop our smartphone store. One carrier that is known to take high-quality food photos is Samsung.
Now let’s get to the delicious part!
Benefits of lemonade:
- Prevents kidney stones
- Boosts digestive health
- Resists asthma triggers
- Treats fevers
- Reduces inflammation
Summer is also the perfect time to experiment with the classic that kids of all ages love. Make simple syrup on the stove or allow the citric acid to dissolve the sugar. Some prefer their lemonade sweet, while others prefer a more tart effect. Q Link Wireless will show you how to make a multitude of lemonade recipes that you can bring to a family event, an evening picnic or as part of a well-deserved break.
Basics of lemonade
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 7 cups water
- You will need approximately 6 lemons.
If you are not turning on the stove:
- Combine the lemon juice, sugar and water in a pitcher.
- Stir and allow to set for 20 minutes.
If you are using the stove:
- Pour the sugar and water into a medium saucepan.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Allow the mixture to boil for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Cool the mixture before serving.
For a tarter take, reduce the amount of sugar or substitute 2/3 cup honey. If you are diabetic, use Stevia for a more natural taste.
Make lemonade recipes even cheaper
Buy lemons in bulk. Don’t cut the lemons so they will keep in the fridge for up to two months.
Lemonade recipe from concentrate
Save as much time as possible by making lemonade concentrate ahead of time so that you can thaw it and add herbs and/or fruits.
1 ½ cups sugar
1 cup water
8 medium lemons
- Mix the sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Stir frequently as the mixture comes to a boil.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, remove from heat.
- Allow the mixture to cool.
- Juice the lemons.
- Add the juice and stir.
- Store the mixture in a freezer-safe container.
Five different types of lemonade:
- Arnold Palmer
- Herb and fruit
1 cup sugar
1 cup water for simple syrup
3 herb sprigs (basil, mint, rosemary, and thyme all work well)
1 cup freshly-squeezed lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
3-4 cups water to taste
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar, 1 cup water and herbs.
- Turn the heat to medium.
- Once boiling, lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the syrup and let it cool off for 5 minutes.
- Pour the simple syrup in the bottom of a pitcher.
- Add the lemon juice, herbs and remaining water.
- Garnish with the remaining sprigs.
While lemons are the standard fruit for lemonade, have a little fun in the kitchen by replacing lemons with:
If you are not ready to be that bold, pair lemons with other fruits.
Seltzer water has boomed in popularity in the past five years. Americans purchased more than 800 million gallons of the fizz last year alone. People are drawn to the light sting of the bubbles that mimics spicy foods.
Add some kick to your lemonade with this sparkling recipe.
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon rind cut into strips (about 1-1/2 lemons)
3/4 cup lemon juice (about 3 lemons)
1 cup chilled club soda
1 cup water
- Heat the sugar and water until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the zest.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then simmer for 5.
- Allow the mixture to cool and pour into a pitcher.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove lemon strips.
- Stir in the club soda.
- Serve chilled.
Named after the golf icon, an Arnold Palmer is a southern staple during the dog days of summer. The golf pro made his drink 75 percent sweet tea and 25 percent lemonade.
Freshly brewed sweet tea
- Mix as you please. There are no rules to this refreshing drink.
Blueberry Mint Lemonade
Sometimes a broiling day requires something special. Blueberry mint is the solution to lemonade doldrums. Use fresh or frozen blueberries. Add basil if you do not love the taste of mint for this lemonade recipe.
1 tablespoon lemon zest
3 cups blueberries
¼ cup mint leaves
½ cup sugar
6 cups cold water
- Juice the lemons and zest the rinds.
- In a blender, pour in the lemon juice, blueberries and zest and pulse for 5 turns.
- Strain over a pitcher.
- Throw away the pulp.
- Stir in the mint leaves, sugar and water.
- Add as much additional sugar as desired and serve over ice.
Food Photography Tips
You may just stop at the lemonade recipes, but if you want to post it online or social media, we have some tips to make your pictures stand out.
- Make sure your phone has fast charging capabilities so it doesn’t die midway through a shoot (and if it does, it has reliable charging support)
- Purchase a phone through a carrier that understands the importance of software updates (OnePlus and Samsung are two such providers – if you’re buying a new phone from Q Link Wireless, look out for these providers)
- Understand the importance of high-quality lighting when filming/photographing your food – when posting on social media, you are more likely to get views, engagement, and likes if your content is well lit.
- Don’t skimp on “extras” like fresh herbs, bowls with dipping sauce, beautiful big plates and bowls that attract the viewer, etc.
Get FREE Phone Service Today
If you make these lemonade recipes, make sure to share with us in the comments or on our social:
Now, you may be wondering how you can receive FREE phone service. That’s easy: sign up with Q Link Wireless.
To receive FREE phone service, you first must be approved through the National Verifier and sign up with us. You can bring your own phone and keep your number or purchase a phone and experience our 5G network coverage. We will ship you a FREE SIM Card Kit so you can get UNLIMITED talk & text if you already participate in government programs such as SNAP and Medicaid.
Let us help you! Contact us or call 1-855-754-6543 to speak with a Q Link Wireless representative.