How to Photograph Banana Bread and Two Unique Takes on This Quarantine Treat
Banana bread has captivated the nation. Baking gives everyone the opportunity to measure time in delicious baked goods. There is something magical in the transformation of eggs, shortening and sugar into yummy memories for all.
Read on to discover four reasons why we all hope the banana bread craze is here to stay, two unique takes to wow all your followers and how to photograph banana bread.
- Make your house smell amazing and create new memories.
The first sense that humans connect to childhood memories with is through smell. Your children and family are no doubt more than a little stressed with what is going on in the world. Baking gives them something to look forward to and creates new memories in their brains.
Turn on some music, tell stories about your family or let the clatter of the baking take center stage to calm any lingering anxiety.
- Anyone can bake!
While baking is an art, it is also pure science. Even if someone did not do well in math, the measuring needed for most recipes is simple. Put an educational spin on it and let the kiddos do all the measuring as you supervise.
- You can easily freeze baked goods.
Everything you bake can be stored in the freezer. This saves you so much time in the morning and lets you use bananas before they have to be tossed. You can buy ingredients in bulk and spend an afternoon in the kitchen.
- Baking is inexpensive.
Flour, sugar, shortening and eggs are not that pricey, especially if you buy in bulk.
The only requirements for banana bread are brown bananas and a sense of adventure. Q Link Wireless has discovered two recipes that will guarantee that your pics will get noticed on social media. Let’s explore the main ingredients!
Although some may be sensitive to gluten, all-purpose flour contains a higher protein level that complements the yeast during the proofing process.
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts – make sure to toast them for a richer flavor profile
- Peanut butter – crunchy or creamy
- Warming spices, including cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and even cloves
- Fruit, fresh or dried
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cups cake flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 medium eggs or 2 large eggs
2 mashed bananas
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spray your doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and eggs, mixing until batter is just combined.
- Whisk in bananas and vanilla extract, then stir in buttermilk until batter is smooth.
- Use a spoon to add batter to the doughnut pan until each mold is about 3/4 full.
- Bake doughnuts for 13–15 minutes, until they are set and slightly golden.
Every doughnut deserves a fabulous glaze! And making a glaze is so easy.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
5 tablespoons half and half cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the sugar in a bowl.
- Mix in the half and half about a tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts in the glaze.
- Allow the glaze to harden.
Once the glaze has set, pour yourself a cup of coffee and dig in.
Other glaze options:
- Irish cream
- Dark chocolate ganache
- Dulce de leche
Banana bread pancakes may be the greatest way to use bananas. Everyone adores pancakes. These are great to make for a Sunday brunch or a weekday delight.
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
Ingredients for caramelized banana garnish:
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 large banana, sliced
1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
1 pinch kosher salt
Instructions for the pancakes:
- Combine coconut milk and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add coconut oil, banana puree, walnuts, and the coconut milk mixture.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium-high heat and grease with coconut or vegetable oil.
- Pour the cakes and cook for about 2 minutes or until you see little bubbles forming on the edges of the cakes.
- Flip and cook another minute or two.
- Serve immediately or keep hot in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Instructions for the caramelized bananas:
- In a medium nonstick pan over medium high heat, add coconut oil and sugar.
- Let sugar melt.
- Add syrup when the sugar is golden brown.
- Add bananas, walnuts, and salt, and stir gently to coat until they have a nice golden crust.
- Top griddle cakes with hot caramelized bananas, walnuts and caramel sauce.
How to photograph banana bread variations
- Take action shots.
Examples include slicing, flipping and plating.
- Use a few crumbs or drizzle for garnish.
Make sure that the crumbs are placed where they will draw the eye to something pleasing, not on a knife. You can also do a drizzle of syrup or glaze for whimsy.
- Play around with repeating shapes and patterns.
The pancakes and doughnuts can be styled on round plates.
Q Link Wireless is honored to serve low-income families with hotspot capabilities via 3 Gigs of high-speed data, plus unlimited talk and text. Our mission is to provide consistent and reliable communications as we overcome the challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic as a nation.
To receive FREE phone service, you first must be approved through the National Verifier. You can bring your own phone and keep your number to experience our 5G network coverage. We will ship you a FREE SIM Card Kit so you can get UNLIMITED talk & text if you already participate in government programs such as SNAP and Medicaid. Once approved, you can begin the phone activation process to receive FREE phone service online.
Q Link Wireless is always looking for ways to make family time an opportunity to create fun and living memories.