Banana bread has captivated the nation. Baking gives everyone the opportunity to measure time in delicious baked goods, whether baking homemade pizza or banana bread. There is something magical in the transformation of eggs, shortening, and sugar into yummy memories for all.
Read on to discover four reasons why we all hope the banana bread craze is here to stay, two unique takes to wow all your followers, and how to photograph banana bread.
Make your house smell amazing and create new memories.
The first sense that humans connect to childhood memories is through smell. Your children and family are no doubt more than a little stressed with what is going on in the world. Baking gives them something to look forward to and creates new memories in their brains.
Turn on some music, tell stories about your family or let the clatter of the baking take center stage to calm any lingering anxiety.
Anyone can bake – especially banana bread!
While baking is an art, it is also pure science. Even if someone did not do well in math, the measuring needed for most recipes is simple. Put an educational spin on it and let the kiddos do all the measuring as you supervise.
You can easily freeze baked goods.
Everything you bake can be stored in the freezer. This saves you so much time in the morning and lets you use bananas before they have to be tossed. You can buy ingredients in bulk and spend an afternoon in the kitchen.
Baking (banana bread) is inexpensive.
Flour, sugar, shortening and eggs are not that pricey, especially if you buy in bulk.
The only requirements for banana bread are brown bananas and a sense of adventure. Q Link Wireless has discovered two recipes that will guarantee that your pics will get noticed on social media. Let’s explore the main ingredients!
Although some may be sensitive to gluten, all-purpose flour contains a higher protein level that complements the yeast during the proofing process.
- Chocolate chips
- Nuts – make sure to toast them for a richer flavor profile
- Peanut butter – crunchy or creamy
- Warming spices, including cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and even cloves
- Fruit, fresh or dried
Banana bread doughnuts, brought to you by a popular website called The Pioneer Woman.
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cups cake flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3 medium eggs or 2 large eggs
2 mashed bananas
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2/3 cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Spray your doughnut pan with nonstick spray.
- In a bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together butter and sugar until combined.
- Add dry ingredients and eggs, mixing until batter is just combined.
- Whisk in bananas and vanilla extract, then stir in buttermilk until batter is smooth.
- Use a spoon to add batter to the doughnut pan until each mold is about 3/4 full.
- Bake doughnuts for 13–15 minutes, until they are set and slightly golden.
Every doughnut deserves a fabulous glaze! And making a glaze is so easy.
2 cups confectioners’ sugar
5 tablespoons half and half cream
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the sugar in a bowl.
- Mix in the half and half about a tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Dip the cooled doughnuts in the glaze.
- Allow the glaze to harden.
Once the glaze has set, pour yourself a cup of coffee and dig in.
Other glaze options:
- Irish cream
- Dark chocolate ganache
- Dulce de leche
Gluten-free banana bread pancakes, once again brought to you by the same popular food website.
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
1/2 cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup toasted walnut pieces
Ingredients for caramelized banana garnish:
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 large banana, sliced
1/4 cup toasted walnut pieces
1 pinch kosher salt
Instructions for the pancakes:
- Combine coconut milk and vinegar in a small bowl.
- Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add coconut oil, banana puree, walnuts, and the coconut milk mixture.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Heat a griddle or nonstick pan over medium-high heat and grease with coconut or vegetable oil.
- Pour the cakes and cook for about 2 minutes or until you see little bubbles forming on the edges of the cakes.
- Flip and cook another minute or two.
- Serve immediately or keep hot in a warm oven until ready to serve.
Instructions for the caramelized bananas:
- In a medium nonstick pan over medium high heat, add coconut oil and sugar.
- Let sugar melt.
- Add syrup when the sugar is golden brown.
- Add bananas, walnuts, and salt, and stir gently to coat until they have a nice golden crust.
- Top griddle cakes with hot caramelized bananas, walnuts and caramel sauce.
How to photograph banana bread
Now for the tricky part: photographing your recipe to document this memorable occasion.
Determine a Camera for Your Budget
You don’t need an expensive digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera to create amazing pictures. Your camera phone has built-in features that compete with most DSLRs on the market. If your 3G phone service is currently being phased out, and you’re already part of our Lifeline Program and/or Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), then upgrade your old phone to one of our reliable smartphones. Our phones start as low as $34.95.
Pick the Best Phone for Food Photography
You may not know this, but some phones are better than others. Some have features that are designed for food photography, whether that was the phone manufacturer’s intention or not. For example, Samsung and Motorola have some of the best lens, zoom, and other features that can make your photos professional.
Play Around with Lighting
You know natural light is best, but when that natural light shines on a cloudy day, your camera has features to correct this. Some phone features allow you to control your phone camera’s sensitivity to light, like aperture and white balance. Aperture is ideal when shooting in low light, such as cloudy days. White balance is a setting that will correctly represent the colors in your image.
Browse Our Phones to Capture the Best Images
Q Link Wireless is honored to serve low-income families with hotspot capabilities via 3 Gigs of high-speed data, plus unlimited talk and text. To receive FREE phone service, you first must be approved through the National Verifier. You can bring your own phone and keep your number to experience our 5G network coverage. Alternatively, you can shop from one of our reliable smart phones. Whether you have a phone or purchase one of ours, we will ship you a FREE SIM Card Kit so you can get UNLIMITED talk & text if you already participate in government programs such as SNAP and Medicaid. Once approved, you can begin the phone activation process to receive FREE phone service online.
Are you ready to get started? Contact us or call 1-855-754-6543 and someone from our team will help you begin or continue the process.